Friday, May 10, 2013

6th anniversary of 12 may 2007 Karachi massacre to coincide with 11 May 2013 Elections, make the terrorists pay for their crimes & save Karachi by Voting wisely!

All those who would be voting for these MQM criminals should think twice before Voting for them.

 Because! YOU would be equally responsible for every woman that becomes widow in this city,every child that becomes orphan,every sister that looses her brother,every helpless mother that looses her beloved child and every wife whose husband is taken away from her by these ruthless MQM terrorists,On the day of judgement all of them would be rightly blaming you because YOU as their voters would be equally responsible for every crime that they commit.

During next 5 years you would be equally responsible for all bloody & violent strikes,extortion(Bhathakhori),target killing,bori bund lash(bodies dumped in bags after being mercilessly killed), so before you vote for these barbaric & savage MQM criminals,think twice. Your conscience won't ever forgive you if you voted for these criminals and millions of Karachiites continued to suffer and Karachi continued to burn because of You.

Videos relating to 12 may 2007 massacre when MQM butchered dozens of innocent Karachiites in front of millions of Pakistanis and Billions of tv viewers around the globe.


DO NOT FORGET 12 May 2007 on 11th May 2013 

Karachi killings by MQM on 12 May 2007 

12 May Karachi MQM isTerrorist = GEO Banned 

MQM is exposed-12 May 2007 Karachi 


New Rear Video MQM Altaf Killing Karachi - 12... 

MQM attack on Aaj part I on 12may 2007 
MQM attack on Aaj part II 
MQM attack on Aaj part III ======================================================================================

 In the second part of this post I will also share news articles relating to 9th april 2008 Tahir Plaza arson attack that was also orchestrated by MQM's unit criminals in which half a dozen Men/Woman of Karachi were mercilessly burnt alive after they were locked up inside the building and whole building was sprinkled with inflammable chemical and it was set on fire. On that fateful day private property including almost 50 vehicles were also torched and completely gutted.

Witnesses term Tahir Plaza attack ‘pre-planned arson’ By S. Raza Hassan KARACHI, April 10: When an armed mob set fire to Tahir Plaza in what appears to be a pre-planned attack, the horrifying deaths suffered by six people who were unfortunate enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time illustrate that it is always ordinary citizens who bear the brunt of politically-triggered unrest. Once the inferno had died down, rescue workers recovered five bodies from the sixth floor office of advocate Haji Aftab Abbasi, who occupied room 616 in the building which housed various lawyers’ offices and lies adjacent to the City Courts. A sixth body was found late Wednesday night and rescue workers told Dawn that it had apparently been wearing bangles, suggesting that at least one woman died in the blaze. Charred beyond recognition, the bodies were taken to the Sohrab Goth Edhi morgue. While two were taken away by their heirs for burial, Dawn witnessed a number of people at the morgue on Thursday, endeavouring to find in the blackened corpses some evidence identifying them as their missing loved ones. Amongst these grieving people was Rasheeda Begum, who feared that her relatives Razia Batool (wife of Nadeem) and Sobia (wife of Shoaib Raza) died in the Tahir Plaza arson attack. The sisters-in-law left their Gulistan-i-Jauhar block 9 home on Wednesday afternoon to visit Mr Abbasi in connection with a bail application for a relative. “Razia left her three-year-old child at home,” said Rasheeda Begum in a trembling voice. “It is not possible to identify the bodies by simply looking at them. The investigation officer said that he is in possession of some rings and bangles recovered from these remains – perhaps they will help us in the identification process.” Waiting outside the morgue on this sombre business, Rasheeda Begum nevertheless held on to a slim ray of hope – that the two women were rescued and taken to some hospital. “I keep praying that their cell phones start working again,” she told Dawn. Needless deaths No such hope is available to the family of 23-year-old Danish Akhtar and his brother-in-law Syed Dawar Hussain Rizvi, who are confirmed to have been burnt alive during the arson attack. “Danish was married just a day before his death,” his cousin Ghulam Haider told Dawn. “On Wednesday, he and Dawar went to advocate Aftab Abbasi’s office to collect the marriage certificate. They left home at about noon and at around 3:30pm or so, Danish called his mother and told her that they were soon about to head home. That was the last we heard from him.” When Haider reached the scene of the arson attack, he found the qazi who had performed Danish’s nikah also there. “He told us that Danish and Dawar were still in the building,” said Haider. “The bodies were burnt beyond recognition. We were able to recognise Danish from a fragment of his trousers and his melted cell phone. He also had a missing tooth, which proved to be key evidence in establishing his identity.” Danish was laid to rest in Orangi Town on Thursday night. Meanwhile his brother-in-law Dawar was also identified through personal belongings found on the body. “Perhaps it was Dawar’s turn to be called to his Maker yesterday,” said his grieving father Syed Yawar Hussain as family members attempted to console him at the Rizvia Imambargah in the afternoon. Advocate Abbasi, meanwhile, remained with his clients to the end as he too died in the blaze and was laid to rest in Lyari. The sixth body was identified as that of 35-year-old Basit Mehmood, who the Muttahida Qaumi Movement claims was the brother of one of the party’s workers. His funeral prayers were offered in Azizabad. Pre-planned terror Witnesses to Wednesday’s torching of Tahir Plaza termed it a “well-planned and coordinated attack.” An eyewitness told Dawn that following the clash at the City Courts, about a hundred young men on motorcycles arrived at Tahir Plaza and first ransacked an eatery located on the ground floor. “About half of them entered the building and started beating the caretaker,” he said. “As they entered, some of the people who sensed danger in the air ran out of the building despite being roughed up by the attackers.” The witness said that the young men went first to the third floor office, room 309, of Naeem Qureshi. “They were carrying China-made padlocks and sacks of what appeared to be a highly-inflammable powder,” he said, a conclusion confirmed by the chief fire officer who said that such a powder had been used in most of the incidents of arson that took place on Wednesday. “They would first padlock the doors to each office and then break the glass panes with the butts of their pistols and throw in the powder,” said the witness. “After that, a burning match tossed into the room was enough to ignite a full-blown fire.” The witness told Dawn that in this way, the youths set fire to rooms 309, and 308 which belonged to advocate Tasuvar Hussain, rooms 116 and 117 which belonged to advocate Ali Qureshi as well as rooms 105 and 109 on the first floor. They repeated the same procedure on the sixth floor, first locking the grille with a china lock and then throwing in the inflammable powder followed by a light. But advocate Aftab Abbasi and five of his clients were trapped in room 616; they were burnt alive by the arsonists’ actions. Witnesses said that after the building had been thoroughly gutted, the arsonists made good their escape while resorting firing into the air, forcing everyone in the vicinity to dive for cover.
Law minister calls for observing ‘black day’ SBC ‘black day’ today THE Sindh Bar Council has announced that the legal fraternity will observe a province-wide ‘black day’ on Saturday to mark the third anniversary of the April 9, 2008 Tahir Plaze tragedy. ..
Story of innocent karachiites burnt alive by MQM's terrorists ‘They were locked in and burnt alive!’ KARACHI: At about 4:00 p.m. Tahir Plaza, which houses lawyers offices near the City Courts, was also subjected to arson and up to six bodies, including that of two woman, had to be taken out. There were conflicting reports on what happened. “The media is witness to everything,” said the Karachi Bar Association’s Naeem Qureshi. “The mob threw petrol into the office on the sixth floor of Tahir Plaza and later they locked the gate from the outside.” According to some reports, its main entrance was accessible and young men went in and set it on fire. The watchman switched the electricity off after there were reports that they tried to create the fire with a short circuit. No one standing outside on the street or at nearby buildings at first understood there was a fire because they were in their own panic. People were mostly in their offices as well. The police and rangers passed by and did not notice either. There was no smoke and only if one looked closely could one see flames from the windows. Eventually, Karachi Police Chief Niaz Ahmed Siddiqui reached the scene along with the fire brigade, but the damage had been done. The Malir Bar Association’s building was also set on fire along with Jehangir Kothari building off M.A. Jinnah Road. SHO Saddar Naeem Khan reached the scene and commented on how the people inside had not called the police first but fought with them after they arrived. No fatalities were reported from them and there were reports that the people extinguished the fires themselves as the fire brigade did not reach even three hours after. The main wooden gate was first set on fire. The people inside the building fought with the Rangers for not calling the fire brigade. As aerial firing erupted, shops closed down across the city. All trade centers also shut down. The centre of the city was clamped down in a massive gridlock as traffic from II Chundrigar Road, MA Jinnah Road, Saddar and Clifton intersected near the defunct Hotel Metropole roundabout. Lawyers were not violent: KBA president: KBA president Mehmoodul Hasan told Daily Times that the KBA was taking cognizance of the incident in Lahore and what happened to the former Sindh chief minister. “We are not responsible for any act of violence today,” he said. “We have done nothing.” The attacks appeared to be coordinated and according to witnesses, as soon as the meeting ended a scuffle erupted between two groups of lawyers. Within minutes, the City Court premises was cordoned off by armed young men who took to main M.A. Jinnah Road as they pelted vehicles with stones and set others on fire. Malir Bar Association’s Honorary Secretary Ashraf Samoon advocate said that up to 25 miscreants came to the building and started firing at members and the president. As the lawyers ran for shelter, the men torched the office and library. While fleeing the scene they also damaged parked cars and set a vehicle on fire. The KBA’s Naeem Qureshi has claimed that his house in Gulistan-e-Jauhar, vehicle and 40 offices at Tahir Plaza were torched by activists from a political party during the riots. The Fire brigade’s Abdul Waheed said that they did not have any information about Qureshi’s house being set on fire. Another man was killed in a shoot-out at Khudadad Colony within the jurisdiction of Brigade police station. He was taken to Civil hospital where he was identified as Nadeem Shah, 28. He was the driver of a passenger bus and had been trying to resist a mob that wanted to set his vehicle on fire.\10\story_10-4-2008_pg12_1
Mobs coordinate over cellphones KARACHI: A man in his thirties, in a brown shalwar kameez, was standing next to Denso Hall on MA Jinnah Road. He was ever ready to spring into action. As he saw the police coming he held up his palm towards the back of the alley as he spoke to someone else on his cell phone in rapid fire Urdu. Why don’t you shout any slogans, he was egged on. “The time for slogans has passed,” he snapped. “This is the work of the gun. My only regret is that we don’t have the latest weapons.” This man was one of many who came out of nowhere on Wednesday to riot and set vehicles on fire. Most of the cars were set on fire with the help of chemicals and not the usual Samad Bond and petrol. Chief Fire Officer Ehtishamuddin Siddiqui said that bottles filled with the stuff were smashed into the cars. Dr Iqbal Choudhry of the International Center for Chemistry and Biological Sciences of University of Karachi and Professor Fahimuddin, the Dean of the Faculty of Sciences and Chemistry, both said that the lightweight Benzene is hundreds of times more flammables than petrol and is cheaply available in the city. Plus, if you take benzene and keep it in hot weather it catches fire even faster. The CFO said that he believed Benzene could have been used. Rioters who did not have chemicals or petrol instead used bricks and stones. One man was standing with a brick in his hand trying to damage a parked car outside a residential building near the city courts. No one tried to immediately stop him but a few people tried to dissuade him. The car’s owner appeared in the balcony and pleaded: “Please do not damage it, I am coming!” he cried. “I will park it in another place.” A short while later a crowd gathered around eventually the man walked away. But with the brick. The CFO said that in future the fire fighters would need protection as well. “I was there for the Tahir Plaza fire. I immediately called the fire tenders from the nearest fire station but the mob attacked them twice.” A hand-out was issued from the Central Police Office Wednesday evening saying that IGP Azhar Ali Farooqui had “taken strict notice of the rioting” and patrolling would be increased. The police were ordered to immediately arrest anyone making trouble.\10\story_10-4-2008_pg12_3
A repeat telecast of May 12 March 20, 2008 By Pulse Report Armed men were pulling hair of some women carrying their infants. Some were being dragged on the road as several rowdy women and men were throwing rotten tomatoes and eggs at them. A group of armed youths was hammering their rival women and a few men with sticks and TT pistols. Riot police stood guard on the venue to ensure full security to the armed rioters to do their business with impunity. That was not all. The police arrested two of the critically injured men and handed them over to the rioters, who took them half a kilometre away, and riddled their bodies with bullets in broad daylight. One may think, this all occurred in a far-flung village of Dera Ghazi Khan, or Mianwali. But this is neither Dera Ghazi Khan, nor Mianwali. This is Karachi, once known as the city of lights. This was, undoubtedly, the repeat telecast of May 12 carnage, but the only difference was that this time it all went unreported. This gory incident took place outside Karachi Press Club on March 12, when a group of 30 to 40 female activists of Afaq Ahmed-led Mohajir Qaumi Movement, a splinter faction of Altaf-Hussein-led Muttehida Quami Movement, gathered to protest against detention of their chairman and restoration of judiciary. The ill-fated women would think that the results of Feb 18 elections had changed the country's scenario, therefore they could exercise their fundamental right to assemble freely. But they forgot that there is no change in Karachi's atmosphere. As soon as the female activists of the Mohajir Qaumi Movement (commonly known as Haqiqi), most of them veiled in traditional Burqa assembled outside Karachi Press Club, a group of 60 to 70 Muttehida female workers, and 30 to 40 male workers, led by the MQM (A) Burns Road Sector In Charge Fayaz Khan and escorted by the city government's newly formed community police attacked the protesters with batons and pistols. The Muttehida activists were brought to the press club in the vehicles of community police, which later also helped them beat Haqiqi women. A community policeman was so furious that he continued to drag a Haqiqi woman activist carrying her infant despite repeated requests by the newsmen. Citizen circles have already expressed their concern over establishment of the community police, which consists of workers of Muttehida Qaumi Movement. The female Muttehida activists were fully prepared to humiliate their fellow colleagues. They were carrying baskets filled with rotten tomatoes, and eggs. Chanting slogans ' Jeay Altaf", "Altaf Hussein our Leader", "terrorists go away", and so on, they started throwing eggs and tomatoes on Haqiqi female workers. Some of the Muttehida females went a step further, and started pulling hair and Burqas of Haqiqi women. Some of the infants carried by Haqiqi women fell on the road amid hue and cry. The area in front of the press club presented a scene of a battle field as the Muttehida men jumped into the fray and joined their female colleagues to beat up and drag the Haqiqi women on the road. The most lamentable part of the story was that dozens of police personnel led by TPO Clifton, Asif Aijaz Shaikh, remained present there but did not intervene to avert the vandalism. A critically injured man fell on the bonnet of a car. Some of the newsmen who were covering the event, moved to help him out, however, the TPO Clifton wearing sun glasses, and a neat and clean starched police uniform, stopped them from doing that. "This is none of your business. You are here only to cover the event", Mr Shaikh reportedly told a senior journalist who diverted his attention towards some serious injured women and men. "We have no orders to intervene", Mr Shaikh frigidly replied. Police sources told weekly Pulse that IG Sindh Azhar Farooqi, who had superceded various senior police officers and was appointed as Sindh police chief on the pressure of MQM, issued orders to the police to provide full security to the rioters instead of the victims. It is to be recorded that Mr Farooqi as CCPO Karachi had ordered the police to remain inside the police stations following widespread violence in the metropolis after assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto on December 27, 2007. In recognition of his "commendable" performance, he was promoted to the IG rank. "Nothing special has happened. It's just a routine affair in Karachi", the IG Sindh told newsmen in reply to a question about abduction and later killing of four Haqiqi workers. Two of the deceased were abducted from outside the press club with the help of police. Two other workers were kidnapped from different parts of Karachi, and were later shot dead. The commotion continued for an hour as some of the Haqiqi women and men managed to escape the scene, while others were either arrested by the police or held hostage by the rioters. The rioters also held hostage a driver of News One TV channel, who was waiting for his crew members outside press club. "They took me to the basement of Sidco Center (a nearby building) where some 10 persons were already held hostage. They started beating me up alleging that I had brought Haqiqi workers to the press club for demonstration,” the driver told newsmen upon his release. "After being satisfied that I am a mere driver, they let me go and threatened that if I inform anyone about what happened to me, I will be responsible for the dire consequences,” the driver added. The rioters whisked two critically injured Haqiqi activists, Shafiq and Naveed, away with them, and later their bodies were found lying outside YMCA building. Eyewitnesses say that the critically injured activists were first arrested by the community police personnel, who took them in their mobile. The injured activists were later handed over to the rioters who riddled their bodies with bullets without wasting any time. The story didn't end here. Now it was journalists’ turn. After "dealing" with the Haqiqi activists, the rioters turned towards reporters, cameramen and photographers of different newspapers and TV channels who were covering the event. The rioters started beating up cameramen and reporters, and snatched their cameras. They deleted all the photos, and footage, and forced the newsmen to run away from the scene. The newsmen requested the TPO Clifton for help, however he remained silent and let the rioters manhandle them. They tried to kidnap a senior journalist, Laiq Yousafzai, who tried to stop the rioters from beating up the journalists and women. "My only sin was that I told them (rioters) that Has Altaf Hussein taught you to beat up the journalists? This was my only sin. They started beating me up, and tried to kidnap me. I, however, managed to enter the press club premises, and remained there for the next six hours", Mr Yousafzai told newsmen. The armed assailants continued to siege the press club building for next four hours. Despite repeated attempts to contact IG and CCPO Karachi, the police did not act against the armed men. They withdrew the siege only after the MQM leadership was approached. Later in the night, the two MQM MPAs, Askari Taqvi and Anees Qureshi arrived at the press club, and expressed their party's disassociation with the armed rioters. They, however, could not reply to a question asked by a senior journalist that "if they didn't belong to you party then what propels you to come here and explain your position?" That was not it. On Friday night, March 14, eight armed men barged into the press club and asked about KPC President Najeeb Ahmed, KUJ President Khursheed Tanvir, Secretary Khursheed Abbasi, and other senior journalists who had delivered speeches against the incident at a protest meeting on the very next day of the incident. Earlier, on March 10, the MQM activists abducted six journalists when they were returning after covering a press conference of Mohajir Qaumi Movement in Gulistan-e-Jauhar area. They took them to an under-construction building and kept them hostage for 45 minutes, deleted all photos and footage of the cameramen and then allowed them to go. "It looked like a party office located inside an apartment building. But I cannot tell you about that specifically. I asked a youth about his identity, who introduced himself as Ahmer, but didn't tell about his party affiliation,” one of the journalists who were taken hostage told reporters. He said the youths asked the photographers and the cameramen to hand them over their cameras so that they could delete photographs and footage. "They deleted the photos and films, and returned our cameras, besides offering us tea,” he maintained. Another photographer said that he tried to persuade the captors not to delete their films and photos as various others had also covered the event. "But they told us that this was none of their business,” he added. TRAGIC PART: The tragic part of the above-mentioned incidents is that the electronic media, which dubs raining as breaking news, chose to completely black out the event. What happened on May 12, everybody witnessed through cameras, but this time nothing like that happened. Presumably, the rioters were fully aware of the fact this time. As soon as the fuss commenced at press club, the TV channels received threats by telephone that if they dare to act in line with May 12, they would be directly attacked this time. Mohajir women were being beaten up and humiliated by Mohajirs, but the otherwise powerful electronic media appeared to be so tamable before the Haq Parasts. This complete blackout of attack and abduction of journalists suggest that whoever has the power, can subjugate the media. Is the media supposed to say Kalma-e-Haq only against weak groups? This oblivious attitude of the APNS and the CPNE towards such a lamentable incident, which is a direct attack on freedom of press, raises some serious questions. It is so deplorable that even a single statement has not so far been issued either by the CPNE office-bearers or the spokesman. These organizations should have convened an emergency meeting and issued a statement to express solidarity with our fellow journalists, while condemning this gory incident and advising the MQM to desist from such tactics to gag the media. One wonders if these organizations cannot stand alongside our fellow journalists at this testing time, then what is their purpose ? Are they meant to act only against weak, and bow to the powerful groups? Senior journalists think that this is very dangerous trend, because now all the groups will try to subjugate the media by force. They have come to know that media can express itself only against the weak.
April 9 arson: samples sent for chemical analysis By S. Raza Hassan KARACHI, April 17: Samples collected from the Tahir Plaza crime scene of arson have been sent for a chemical analysis by police, it has been learnt. If tests are carried out fairly, the results may help ascertain the nature of the inflammable material used in the arson attacks on April 9, a senior police officer said. Nine people were killed, six of them burnt to death, in acts of arson and killing committed on April 9 following a clash between two groups of lawyers on the premises of the City Courts. Police have failed to arrest any of the arsonists, neither at the crime scene nor in the limits of the Risala and Preedy police stations, where most of the damage was done. The incidents coincided with a session of the newly-elected Sindh assembly, where a sizable strength of police force was deployed on security duties. On April 9, only two suspects were rounded up by police in the Ferozabad police limits. The two did not have any party affiliation but were in possession of TT pistols, a police officer said. However, sources said the two suspects did have political affiliation and were forcing closure of markets in the Society area. Police said the suspects were not in any way related with the April 9 violence. “They happened to be carrying pistols and got arrested on that particular day,” said a senior police officer. As many as 14 FIRs were registered in connection with the incidents of April 9 at six different police stations. Fourteen FIRs pertained to four murders, seven were in connection with rioting and two about a robbery. Well-placed sources in the police department told Dawn that Risala and Preedy police did round up several arsonists on April 9, but they soon released the suspects. “We have sent the samples collected from the gutted rooms of the Tahir Plaza for a chemical analysis to the office of the Chemical Examiner, but one cannot rely on the results issued by that lab,” an officer said. Six persons, including two women, were burnt alive in the sixth-floor office of Advocate Altaf Abbasi, who was also killed in the arson. A subsequent FIR (78/2008) was registered at the Risala police station under Sections 147/148/149/324/302 R/W 7A ATA. The FIR was lodged on behalf of the state by Sub-Inspector Waheed Iqbal of the Risala police station. The six victims, who happened to be in Room 616 of Tahir Plaza on that day were later identified as Advocate Aftab Abbasi, Syed Dawar Ali Rizvi, Syed Danish Akhtar, Basit Mehmood, Razia Batool and Sobia Raza. Eyewitness accounts of April 9 suggested that conventional methods of arson were not employed on that particular day, rather the arsonist used powder or some liquid for setting fire to around 50 vehicles and for torching the plaza. Faculty member of Karachi University’s chemistry department Dr Nasiruddin told Dawn that there were many chemical compounds available in the market which could be used in arson where the conventional method of petrol was not required. He said if a liquid was used in arson, it could be a combination of a flammable solvent and white phosphorus. If only powder was used, a combination of any compound with white phosphorus or only white phosphorus was enough to ignite a fire, Dr Nasiruddin explained. A senior police officer, seeking anonymity, told Dawn that the Board of Revenue office fire was also caused by the same type of power or chemical. An inquiry report has already suggested that the fire was deliberate and was not accidental. Out of the 14 FIRs, there are eight in which the complainants have stated the number of attackers involved in the arson attacks or robbery. In FIR 204/2008 under Section 147,148,149, 435 and 324 at Preedy police station in which minibuses (PE-3336 and PE-6076) were involved, the complainants stated that 10 to 12 unknown men set fire to their vehicles. In FIR 77/2008 under Sections 147, 148, 149, 435 and 427, registered at the Risala police station for nine vehicles, complainant Sub-Inspector Idress Bangash stated that the arson was carried out by 30 to 35 persons. In another FIR, however, the number of suspects in arson attacks varied from 20 to 25, 15 to 20, 10 to 12, 8 to 10, and so on. The FIR which specified the number of attackers suggested that the attackers were working in organized groups on April 9, said a police officer.“It’s not for the first time that such techniques have been used in arson. In the events following the death of Benazir Bhutto on Dec 27 last year such combustible compounds were used in arson attacks,” he added.
Fear hinders April 9 probe, tribunal told KARACHI, Oct 11 Police officers investigating the killings during the April 9 violence, including those in which victims were burnt to death in an arson attack on Tahir Plaza, told the Sindh High Court inquiry tribunal on Saturday that they had not yet achieved the desired results as the people concerned and witnesses to the incidents were reluctant to cooperate with the law enforcers due to an “unknown fear”. The inquiry tribunal, headed by Justice Nadeem Azhar Siddiqui, before wrapping up its proceedings examined some six witnesses, including investigation officers of police inquiring into the killing incidents and family members of the victims who died during the widespread violence. Sub-Inspector Fasih-uz-Zaman of the Specialized Investigation Unit, who had been assigned the case of seven killed people, including six those burnt to death in Tahir Plaza, registered under a single FIR lodged by the Risala police station, told the court that there had been no progress in the case. “Did you visit the place of the incident and tried to meet the people concerned?” Justice Siddiqui asked the police officer, who responded in the affirmative, but explained the handicaps the police had been facing while tracing the reasons and people behind the gory incident. “Sir, I met shopkeepers of the area and other people who could help in this regard, but they all are afraid to share any information while the witnesses do not cooperate with the police. I even issued notices to families of the victims but they preferred to remain silent and none of them turned up,” he stated. “You mean it is an unknown fear that prevents them from assisting in your job,” Justice Siddiqui said to get a clear response from the police officer. Inspector Fasih`s assertion seemed to carry weight because family members of only two victims of the April 9 violence appeared before the tribunal to record their statements. Syed Yawar Hussain Rizvi, father of Syed Dawar Hussain Rizvi, who was burnt to death in Tahir Plaza, appeared before the tribunal to state that his 37-year-old electrician son was father of four minor children and the family came to know of his death only through news reports aired by television channels on the April 9 evening. “God knows better that who did this,” replied the aged Mr Rizvi, when the tribunal asked him about his suspicions. “My younger sons went to the Civil Hospital later in the evening and brought the body home. It was badly charred and beyond recognition.” Unpaid compensation The tribunal was surprised to learn that despite passing of more than six months, the government had not paid any compensation to the legal heirs of the victims. Later, it asked the media persons inside the court room to come up with facts regarding the government`s response over the incident. “Does any of you remember the government`s announcement in this regard,” asked Mr Siddiqui. “I mean is there any formal order, reported in the media, to compensate the affected and their families or was it just a verbal or political statement?” A media person told the tribunal that it was difficult to remember any of such happenings after more than six months but said the tribunal could be assisted in the next few days after going through the record of statements issued by the government in this regard. The tribunal also examined Zahoor Shah, the younger brother of Jauhar Shah, a driver who died on April 9 as gunmen opened fire on his Dost Coach while it was travelling on Shahrah-i-Quaideen. He said the victim left a wife and a seven-year-old daughter while a son was born four months after the victim`s tragic death. On his account, Justice Siddiqui regretted the way the authorities responded to address the grievances of the affected families, which had received nothing in compensation. The investigation officer of this particular case, Inspector Syed Najabat Shah, could not give any clue to the tribunal to the identification of “those unknown miscreants”. He said it was non-cooperation of the witnesses due to an “unknown fear” that made the police job difficult. The same was the experience of Sub-inspector Sanaullah Cheema, who had been investigation the killing case of two persons, who died on April 9. Though the tribunal concluded its proceedings to finalize a report and submit it to the Sindh government by the stipulated time of Oct 21, 2008, Justice Siddiqui raised serious questions over the police performance and security arrangements and the government`s response to paying compensation to the families of the victims. At least 11 people were killed when violence erupted in the city after groups of lawyers clashed at the City Courts a day after the manhandling of former federal minister Dr Sher Afgan Khan Niazi in Lahore. Police record shows that a total of 61 vehicles were burnt in the large-scale violence in different parts of the city. With the conclusion of its fifth open hearing, the tribunal, which was set up in June 2008 by the Sindh government with the terms of reference “to find out reasons and people behind the widespread violence”, has recorded statements of a total of 86 witnesses to prepare the final report. Summarizing statements of all the witnesses in the last proceedings, Additional Advocate-General Sarwar Khan, appointed to assist the tribunal, put his findings before Justice Siddiqui. He said though the tribunal could summon more witnesses, the trend during the proceedings suggested that there was no difference in statements of the witnesses, which could lead to some new facts. “Out of the 86 witnesses we have examined, only one of the police officers came up with an assessment that the April 9 incident seemed to him a reaction of Dr Sher Afgan Khan Niazi`s manhandling in Lahore,” he said. “Similarly, the police officers assigned to gather intelligence information were unable to perform their duty, which could not help the authorities to take pre-emptive measures to avert the incidents.” He assessed the April 9 incident was so sudden and unexpected that the law enforcers were powerless to control the deteriorating situation. Mr Khan, however, added that other relevant agencies such as the fire department tried hard to carry out their operations but the law and order situation hindered them. “Finally, I would request the tribunal to recommend compensation for the legal heirs of those who lost their lives, and people whose properties were damaged in the violence,” he added.
KARACHI: Question mark over fire dept’s operation: Tahir Plaza blaze KARACHI, April 20: As the provincial authorities have announced investigations into the April 9 violence, the city government may find it hard to explain its fire department’s apathy in rescuing people who remained trapped for about four hours in Tahir Plaza, set ablaze by ‘miscreants’ and where unlike previous incidents the much-needed snorkel and rescue vehicle were not called in. Queries put to the officials and sources, who gathered outside the plaza after the fire incident, brought to light some astonishing facts, which put a question mark over the fire department’s professional approach towards rescue operations. “The snorkel was parked in the central fire station, which is less than a kilometre from Tahir Plaza,” said a source, who witnessed the incident. However, he said, “It is not known yet whether the snorkel was not called in by the officer who reached the spot or he was denied this support by the central fire station. But use of such a facility is obvious and a rule of thumb whenever a fire breaks out on the sixth floor of any building.” Two women among six people were burnt to death in Tahir Plaza, a building near the City Courts, housing lawyers’ offices, on April 9 after a spat between two groups of lawyers, one of them backed by the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, turned deadly. The violence that spread to different parts of the city claimed nine lives. More than 50 vehicles were set on fire in a five-hour episode, following the brawl. Witnesses said they believed that the incident was pre-planned, adding that the armed youths carried with them China-made padlocks and sacks of what appeared to be highly-flammable powder. They first targeted the third floor and then rushed to the sixth floor where they marked Room 616, the office of Advocate Altaf Abbasi. When asked, fire department officials confirmed that the fire tenders reached the spot a little late due to security concerns amid non-stop firing. But then, they said, fire-fighters rushed to the third floor of the building without delay. “A total of six fire tenders were used in the operation,” said another source, adding that 24 fire-fighters along with the tenders made all efforts to douse the fire. But, he said, one could imagine how difficult it was to operate from the ground floor to the third and sixth floors. He said one of the officers on the site shouted several times for a snorkel support, but no one paid heed to the request. “Most importantly, as per the SOP (standard operating procedure) fire-fighters are trained to move first for the rescue of trapped people. But in this particular case, the focus was not the human lives but the third floor where lawyers’ offices appeared to be the only loss,” said another source. “Despite the fact that one of the men inside the building cried that there were people trapped inside Mr Abbasi’s office on the sixth floor, fire-fighters were ordered to extinguish the fire on the third floor first.” He said access to the sixth floor was not easy as the building was too dark from the inside with thick, black clouds of smoke. “A snorkel makes such operation much easier, as it provides a direct view of the affected area to fire-fighters and makes trapped people accessible to rescuers,” he added. Acquired at a total cost of Rs110 million, two new snorkels were inducted into the city government fire brigade fleet in 2007. The snorkels are used to control fire and rescue people trapped in high-rise buildings. For the last few months, the facility has been brought into use in almost every incident of fire. From the Timber Market in Korangi to a lately erupted fire on the mezzanine floor of a building on I.I. Chundrigarh Road, the fire department has been efficient enough to bring the snorkel with other fire tenders for quick and accurate operations, which strangely was missing in the Tahir Plaza operations. Rescue vehicle The fire department did not even bring a rescue vehicle for the safe retrieval of the people, as the well-equipped facility remained parked with the snorkel at the central fire station. “The rescue vehicle is always considered instrumental in these kinds of operations,” said a source. “The vehicle is equipped with lights, a generator, first aid boxes and breathing apparatus besides every other instrument needed in such kind of operations. Unfortunately, this was not considered important in the Tahir Plaza incident.”
MQM burnt 7 people alive at tahir plaza karachi 


Fawad Umair said...

nice post about "6th anniversary of 12 may 2007 Karachi massacre to coincide with 11 May 2013 Elections, make the terrorists pay for their crimes & save Karachi by Voting wisely.

moazzam said...

nice post and your blogging style i really appreciate you and wait for your new post.

lahore property
lahore estate
dha lahore phase 7
for sale in lahore
house on rent in lahore
10 marla house for sale in lahore
houses for rent in lahore
rent a house in lahore

Moazzam Ali said...

nice post and your blogging style i really appreciate you and wait for your new post.

express drama
express tv drama
express drama channel